Terminal Improvement Project (TIP) Updates
The Albuquerque International Sunport kicked off a major renovation project in April of 2017. Known as the Terminal Improvement Project, or TIP, the $30 million renovation will upgrade both the arrival and departure levels. Highlights of the 15-month project include new ceilings, lighting, ticket counters, a more roomy and open bag claim area and new signage throughout the terminal. Please visit this page for updates and closures. Thank you for your patience and please pardon our dust while we work to bring you the New ABQ!
- The Bag Claims have been renumbered and will eventually have corresponding exit numbers, 1 – 8, going from east to west.
- The U.S. Postal Service Mailbox and FedEx Box have been relocated from the east end of the departure level to the west end of the departure level.
- The east smoking area on the departure level has been moved to the west of the last exit door on the east end of the terminal.
- Access to the credit card parking lot, pet relief area and smoking area is through the double doors at the far east end of the arrival level.
- The ABQ Ride bus stop and the Railrunner shuttle stop has been relocated from the west end of the arrival level to the west end of the departure level.
- The Meditation Room is closed and will reopen later this year in it’s new location, across from Bag Claim 1.